Thanks to Kisany, more than 200 women in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda and Kenya are now skilled, employable embroiderers and dressmakers. These women work to support their families and communities. They are responsible for more than 1000 lives; men, women and children who now attend school, eat and live in sanitary conditions..
Kisany has had an immense personal effect on the lives of many women in East Africa through its L’Ecole des Femmes. L’Ecole des Femmes provides education including life skills and work training. This impact would not have been as substantial, or even possible, without the support of our partners: the Fundación Juan Entrecanales de Azcárate, the Fondation Sisley-d’Ornano, Eastern Congo Initiative, Relecom, private donations and our many loyal clients.
- Has trained 200 embroiderers over 15 years
- Has ensured the permanent education of 198 people, of which 168 women through “L’Ecole des Femmes”
- Has made 50 000 US$ of loans available to 31 people of which 50% has been reimbursed
- Annually supports the schooling of 160 youngsters
- Provides work to more than a 100 people today
- Directly and indirectly impacts 1 300 beneficiaries
In Goma, DRC and Kigali, Rwanda.
Watch this short film, graciously provided by Natacha Mottar, and hear how KISANY has changed Emma’s life. Emma now feels positive about her future. Her children have forgotten how hunger feels and they attend school. For Emma, humiliation and exclusion have given way to pride, self confidence and respect from the community.
Kisany hopes to continue its work, supporting AGAPE and giving more women like Emma the opportunity to work and regain their future.